Typical Airlines and Marketing
MKT/571 - Promoting
September seventeen, 2012
Vintage Airlines and Marketing
Classic Airlines, the fifth largest air travel carrier, at present serves 240 cities with more than 2, 300 daily flights. However , Vintage Airlines provides experienced over the past three years a decline within their frequent flier program Vintage Rewards along with customer confidence declining as well and stock rates has decreased by 10% according to University of Phoenix, arizona, 2012. Promoting is designated the task of revamping the consumer loyalty plan and elevating membership while operating within 15% reduction in expenses through the company. The challenges that the marketing supervision is facing include a downward turn of well-being among the employees; retaining and recruiting of recent members for Classic Benefits, and the lack of support coming from upper supervision. Marketing management is the procedure for " creating, communicating, and delivering benefit to customers and for taking care of customer associations in ways that benefit the organization and its stakeholdersвЂќ (Kotler & Keller, 2006, p. 6). Identifying Marketing Challenges
The advertising management group has identified that the majority (60%) of the Reward membership are at the basic tier, 25% are on the Silver Rewards level, and only 15% are Gold Rewards members. Of the members 80 percent are business travelers with all the remaining 20% leisure travelers. With these details, marketing implemented surveys to determine what the requires of the associates are. The replies from your business traveller ranged from the dislike intended for connections and delays, the will for quality service, plus the idea that the frequent flier points will be the result of the airline's investment in the consumer. Whereas, the leisure tourist is more enthusiastic about lower air fare and is even more willing to have more connections if it will save the traveler money. Strength, weak point, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) analysis of Classic Air carriers...
References: Kotler, P., & Keller, T. (2006). Marketing Management (12th ed. ). Upper Saddle River, NJ-NEW JERSEY: Pearson-Prentice Lounge.
University of Phoenix. (2012). Scenario: Classic Airlines. Gathered from University or college of Phoenix, az, MKT571-Marketing internet site